HARDEN READY TO COMMIT TO ROCKETS
The current
NBA Sixth Man of the Year, who will become a starter with the
Rockets, expects to sign a new contract with his new team before the start of
the 2012-13 season opener on Wednesday night at Detroit.
“I’ll let
them figure it out, them and my agent,” said following his first
practice with the Rockets. “My focus now is on Houston and how to make them better.
It has been
reported by ESPN that Harden was offered $55.5 million over four years by the
Thunder, who went to the NBA Finals last season and are considered one of the
favorites to challenge for the championship again. Now he joins a
team that has missed the playoffs for three straight seasons and has a
completely rebuilt lineup from a year ago, but has no doubt he’ll agree to terms
on new deal before the deadline in three days.
Under the
terms of the new collective bargaining agreement, the Rockets could
give Harden a four-year deal worth $60.2 million or a five-year contract for
$78.6.
“It
happened so fast. It happened very fast,” he said. “But this is the position
I’m in now. Just have to make the best out of it. I’m with Houston now. I just have
to come in here and play hard and win games. To be secure, I feel
like I’m in a great position with a great team, young guys who want to work
hard. It will work itself out.”
Harden left a farewell
message on Twitter to the team and city where he carved out a
reputation during his first three NBA seasons.
“I would
love to Thank Oklahoma City for 3 amazing years!” Harden tweeted on Sunday.
“Teammates and Fans were thee best. The love will always be there. Thanks
Again.”
Nevertheless,
Harden said he is excited to be starting a new leg of his career.
“Houston is a great place
to be, great young guys who are willing to work and try to win games,” he said.
“I feel like I can do it and bring my talents here.
“It’s definitely different.
It’s something we have to learn to deal with. This is a business. Everything
happens for a reason. I’m going to try to bring it and play hard and try to win
games and do whatever it takes to win.”
In addition to
relocating south in both geography and the standings, Harden also travels
to a different place in the rotation, going from super sub off the bench
in OKC to a place in the starting lineup next to Jeremy Lin in Houston.
“It’s going
to take some time, obviously not starting (in the past) and not having as much
attention on me,” he said. “It’s going to take some time, but I think I’m ready
for it.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
1.
commit投入..戰鬥 (犯罪) COMMIT TO ROCKETS 加入火箭隊
2.
cast 扮演 cast into a different role 扮演不同的角色
3.
starter 先發者
4.
contract 合約 sign a new contract 簽新約
5.
figure計算 figure it out 弄明白,搞清楚
6. favorite 最有希望獲勝者(特別喜愛) one of the favorites to challenge for the
championship 最有希望奪冠的球隊之一
7. missed the
playoffs 錯失季後賽
8. straight
seasons 連續的例行賽
9. rebuilt lineup 重建的陣容
10.
terms條款(期限) agree to terms on new deal 同意新契約的條件
11.
bargain 協議 new collective bargaining agreement
12.
make the best out of it 做到最好
13.
To be secure 為了安全無慮?
14.
It will work itself out?
15.
left a farewell message 留下告別的信息
16.
reputation 名譽 carved out a reputation 獲得好名聲
17.
starting a new leg?
18.
In addition to relocating south in both geography
and the standings
除了重置南方的形勢與地位之外…
19.
in the rotation
20.
sub off?

No comments:
Post a Comment